Tuesday, March 29, 2016

9 people on baptism date

We were able to get a few more minutes to email now that all the meetings and things are over! It has been the greatest week I had to write and tell you all a bit about it. We have been having great miracles. I was on trade off for most of last week and it was really good to work with some other young missionaries in our zone. They all come out so much more prepared that I ever did and there maturity is really impressing. It amazes me how converted they all are. While I was on tradeoff our area was really blessed. (maybe I should leave more often!) We currently have 9 people on baptism date (most are for May 1) and we taught 10 member present lessons it was great. I know that we had that success  because we were really working well with the members here last week. There is one family from Muruosheus (know idea how to spell it but it’s an island close to madigascar) George Mary and Melony. They are on date for the 1st of May and have been to church 2 times in a row. They are doing so well and the ward is really coming together to bring them in It is really great.
 It was transfers yesterday. Elder Johnson and I are staying and training a new missionary who will get here tomorrow. Elder Christy was transferred. We had some really great missionaries get transferred into the city for this transfer. The old assistant is here and Elder Tolbert, my old companion from way back, is here and Elder Flemming (from Sydney we started together) are all here.

President Parker is really making a last push in the city before we all leave. It’s wonderful to work so hard around so many other people who are doing the same. I am grateful for you all at home as well because I know you are all working hard as well. I love it here and everything is going great. Hope you all have a great week. Easter was great and we are so lucky to celebrate it every week with the sacrament. I love the scripture Isiah 53:3 its all about the Savior. The whole chapter is great. Have a great week! Love Elder Hartley 








No comments:

Post a Comment