Monday, August 18, 2014

My first Baptism


Its been a crazy week we have been so busy the whole time but its good cause if we aren't really busy we are bored and ain't nobody got time for that.
The area here is really taking off there’s too much to do to leave now.
We had a baptism this week, Thomas, he is a uni student here and is from China. .Elder Pitama baptized him yesterday after church and I will confer the Holy Ghost next week in sacrament meeting. We met him at a bus stop last transfer, it was the funniest contact ever. We said hello and he’s like I gotta go there’s my bus so we said we talk about God can we get your number and he’s like ya sure.  So we rang him up and stated teaching him. At first he didn't even believe in God but told us straight away that if he found out there was one he would follow. Anyways 2 weeks later he tells us he knows God is real and that to be the best we can be we need to follow him and that's what he wanted to do. It was great. When we taught him the commandments he’s like why didn't you tell me these sooner I would have quite coffee and tea and came to church every week! Thomas is the man and it’s so easy to see the difference between people that have really been prepared and are looking for more in there life. He bore a powerful testimony after his baptism giving thanks to God for all the help he receives and guidance. He knows the church is true and wants to continue to learn more.
Thomas at his baptism

We also found 2 members one from china and one from Twain that couldn't find the church so they haven’t been in awhile. So we are helping to activate them There are getting to be a fare amount of Chinese and Asian young single adults its cool to see. We hope to be able to start a special Sunday school class for them soon.
Elder and I joke around about President telling us that we get to stay in downtown for a year and learn Chinease while we are here. It won’t happen but it would be pretty cool and would make the work a lot easier.
We play a bit of basketball whenever we can but not a lot and now that it’s nicer out side we go kick the rugby ball around on a field instead. Its a silly game but I like being outside and every Aussi and New Zealander loves rugby and that's the majority of our mission so they always want to play it . I am getting better though my kicking skills are pretty poor.
Things are going well and I am glad to be busy cause we I am not time goes by way to slowly but when we are busy all is good. I think that is the main reason why I am in this area cause its so easy to stay busy and that really helps me.

Thanks for all the love and support! love you all

Elder Hartley
 
                            Elder Pitman moms always sends us chocolate from New Zealand so good.








No comments:

Post a Comment