Friday, June 13, 2014

Playing Basketball in Australia




Its actually Tuesday here in Australia, it was a public holiday yesterday so our P-day was moved it is normally Monday (Sunday for you all) The plane ride actually was not to bad. I slept for like 10 hours so that was nice. In Melbourne, I got to talking to this Beef marketer that is working all sorts of deals with China selling different beef and stuff to them it was pretty interesting. Its been awhile since I was on the computer in the MTC so I only had time to skim letters today sorry sounds like everyone is doing great and I am happy for that. My companion is Elder Pitama he is from New Zealand, he's a great guy and is teaching me a lot (only 18) but wise beyond his years. I am in the Downtown area it is literally downtown Adelaide. We walk and ride bikes here, most of our time is spent on the main street doing what we call street contacting. It’s kind of hard but I am learning. It is easy to say hi to people but if you want them to stop you pretty much gotta jump in front of them....it can get awkward.
Most of the people we teach we just meet in a library in down town and they are almost all Asians that don't hardly speak any English and have never heard of God before. Want to learn to teach simply? Teach someone who can’t speak English about the God Head.
But we were playing ball with some Chinese yesterday
 (I tower over them all and they think they are good but are really really bad haha).
 And we met this Philippine man that invited us over for dinner and we met his family. He is such a nice man and there family is so nice.  Tthey aren't really interested in the Gospel but we will keep trying. There is a Sister Hartley in out mission who is from Australia. I met her last week she is in my district it is kinda funny.
I gave a 5 min talk in Church on the spot on Sunday cause a speaker didn't show up.
There is 6 missionaries in the ward but the new guy always gets picked eh. SO much has happened I don't really know what to say I am happy and working hard, learning a lot. The ward here is interesting but they are doing the best they can. I know this is where I am supposed to be and am working hard to meet the people I was sent here to meet.
 Love you all and feel your prayers, so thanks for that. There are so many different types of people here. Some are really nice others not so much.  Australians are kinda mean but its all good they don't know what they are doing. We talk to a lot of immigrants they are nice and like what we teach only thing is they can’t speak English very well. 
Love Elder Hartley

No comments:

Post a Comment