Friday, June 6, 2014

Off to Australia, I got my visa.

Thanks so much for all the letters, emails and dounuts! My companions also say thanks. 

 I got my visa the other day we are all three headed to Adelaid on Monday. 
Its a 2 hour flight to LA. 5 hour lay over. 16 hours to Brisbane Australia 6 hour lay over then 1.5 hour flight to Adelaid.
 Becasue of all the travel and time changes we leave Salt Lake airport at 4:30 pm Monday and arrive in Adelaid at 3pm Thursday.  It will be a crazy 30 hours and probably take me 3 months to get caught back up on sleep. 

I am excited to go right to Australia though and know it is where I am supposed to be. 


 We got to go to the temple this morning.  I am greatful for that I enjoyed it. For the Tuesday devontioal ELder Nelson and his wife came and spoke to us. I took alot of notes but dont have them with me. It was mostly random thoughts about missionary work but one line I do remember is that it is better to have character than to be one. 

I still like my companions even after 10 days and it will be cool to know each other through the 2 years. Elder Callahan and I may come home in the same plane eh? But don't worry I am not thinking about that day at all. . 

Thanks for all that you and dad do and the sacrafices you have made for me, I love ya and miss ya but and doing fine. I will email you next from adelaid.

Love,

Elder Hartley

My room at the MTC


Provo Temple

All of us are going to Australia


No comments:

Post a Comment