Friday, October 3, 2014

I am starting to think that they are all crazy

Its been a crazy week but I am starting to think that they are all crazy. We had the temple this week so our P-day is Thursday rather than Monday. 
It's a holiday on Monday so I will email Tuesday when the library is open, its also transfers on Monday so I might not be in the city next week but I really doubt that. I made sure to tell President Carter not to move me ( I really didn't but he knows better I am sure) 
I got your package last week mum it came 3 times faster than the last one thanks so much for the welches and jelly!!! it is quite heavenly....Oh no mum, tim tams in Canada, that is going to be dangerous for me haha. I don't like the peanut butter ones but the original and double chocolate are the best, I don't eat them to much now cause its to hot to drink hot chocolate. 
We had a tradeoff yesterday with the Zone Leaders and I went to there area and Elder Tolbert stayed in downtown, ran it like a pro. I could leave Monday and the area wouldn't skip a beat (probably be better eh) Kinda scares me though cause I don't want to leave, maybe I will tell him to stop being so good. 
While I was on trade offs I drove all day in a little toyota camry on the left had side of the road, it's kinda weird. I got used to it fast.The hardest part is remembering that the signal lights and windsheild wipers are opposite so I always turn the wipers on like a fool. But I didn't hit anything so all in all I considered  it a success. 
It's getting quite warm here now. At the temple today I met an Elder pitcher from brooks. Dan and Shawn pitcher are his uncles it was pretty funny to have a chat with him I think there are 4 elders from Alberta here and Sis Dardon as well. We are in the same district at the moment, she is doing well. The Temple was great today I love getting the chance to go so often and it is really nice to get a break in the routine as well. 
I got a pretty good used bike for 50 bucks from the office and they gave me this massive u lock that you need a torch to get through so I should be good now. I figured if I bought a new one I would problably get sent to Darwin and just have to leave it here anyways. 
I am glad to here everything is going well at home and it is good to see dad is still killing stuff every couple of days haha. Everyone here gets a kick out of his pictures and short emails about cattle prices, tractors and killing things, I like!

Love you all
Elder Hartley
Elder Tolbert is my companion

Temple day for the Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment